Are you a truck driver who needs to arrive early at set destinations? Do you get into impassable routes without knowing?
Most drivers always find it hard to reach their destination on time due to various reasons. They, at times, find themselves on impassible roads that make navigation more challenging.
5 Best Truck GPS: Editor’s Recommended
Now, with the technological advancements of the new millennium, truck drivers can pose a smile on their faces. The GPS is the new system in the transport industry that helps truck drivers identify accessible routes ahead.
That way, they can reach their destinations early as planned by their employers. Let’s discover the best truck GPS systems available in the market in this Truck GPS Review.
10 Best Truck GPS Review:
1. GPS Tracker for Vehicles Vyncs 4G LTE
- GPS TRACKER FOR VEHICLES. 4G LTE DEVICE. NO MONTHLY FEE, One-time ACTIVATION fee:...
- VYNCS ADVANTAGES. No Battery needed, powered by OBD. Vehicle DTC Codes, Fuel Economy,...
- REAL TIME LOCATION TRACKING AND TRIPS. Collects data every second, analyzes, and...
- ALL THE DRIVER AND VEHICLE ALERTS YOU NEED. Geofence zones, street address for...
Are you looking for a GPS tracker offering updates faster and on time? Now, the Vyncs 4G LTE GPS tracker is your excellent bet offering real trucking services in the USA, Canada, and international coverage.
Unlike other GPS systems, the Vyncs buyers require paying a one-time activation fee to access service through a Web app, Android, or iPhone device. Moreover, the seller includes a one-year free service and a thirty-day full return warrant to the product.
What makes them unmatched in the LOCATE loved ones feature only boasted by this model in the market. With it, you can truck your family wherever they walk, bike, or even whenever they are in transit.
You don’t require a battery to operate it; the GPS collects information to provide real-time updates after every three minutes. In addition, you will receive unlimited map trip history as you started your journey to the destination.
Consequently, this GPS tracker provides all vehicle alerts drivers require maneuvering through different routes safely. You will receive street address alerts, Geofence zone, and others to guide you through where to stop and when to start.
Other important alerts include the rapid acceleration alerts, fault code, battery voltage, fuel level, and emission test results. However, you need to renew the notification alert subscription to continue receiving them.
- Boast several value-added features
- An easy to install and use GPS
- Amazing price
- Ultra-fast in providing updates
- Others don’t work
- Poor customer support
2. Garmin dezl OTR700, 7-inch GPS Truck Navigator
- Large, easy-to-read 7” touchscreen offers a bright, crisp, high-resolution display
- Get custom truck routing (Not available in all areas) based on the size and weight of...
- View truck-friendly parking information along your route
- Preloaded Truck & Trailer Services directory allows you to filter truck stops by...
For a couple of years now, Garmin dezl has gained a reputation for producing excellent and highly performing GPS truckers. This system stands out due to its large 7-inch screen that offers high resolution and easy-to-read at a glance.
The tracker provides information on sharp corners and the heights of bridges ahead based on the truckload and its size. However, this doesn’t cover all areas but just the selected ones by the manufacturers.
Moreover, this GPS tracker increases drivers’ situational awareness by enlightening them on the routes others use when passing through new locations. You also get information on designated packing points, and various truck stops in amenities along a particular route.
Apart from guiding drivers on the appropriate routes to use, Garmin OTR700 trackers show potential storage and loading zones around. Drivers can as well communicate with the navigator using voice assistance for any information required.
If you need to record your moves and details, complete the ELD compliance solutions to enjoy the service. Also read about Garmin vs Rand Mcnally Truck GPS
- Provides reliable accuracy
- Boasts a large screen
- Employs several languages
- Provides updates faster
- Need to update and upgrade the software
- Makes fuzzy sounds
3. Rand McNally TND 540 LM 5in GPS Truck Navigator
- Weather — Show current conditions and forecast, or choose from 10 different map...
- Fuel prices — View fuel prices on the map, or search by price, fuel type, or brand
- Local search — Find local businesses, restaurants, and more by name or keyword
- Route comparison – Choose between a primary and alternate route
Here is also another excellent GPS tracker in the market that competes favorably to gain space in this industry. Rand McNally truck GPS provides drivers weather forecast information wherever they intend to drive as a superb tracker around.
With this GPS tracker, you can choose map overlays, including wind speeds as well as precipitation, and many others.
Another information the Rand McNally TND 540 LM provides is a view of the fuel prices in filling stations ahead. Drivers can as well search this information by keying in the fuel type, brand and prices accordingly.
You don’t get into confusion whenever your vehicle runs low on fuel since you receive updates of filling stations ahead.
Nevertheless, it’s also easy for drivers to locate social amenities wherever they drive with this GPS tracker. The device also tries to compare the main routes and alternate options to provide the best ones.
In addition, Rand McNally TND 540 provides warning alerts for upcoming sharp corners, changes in speed limits, and other parameters.
- Easy to install and use
- An excellent display for users
- Fast delivery
- Amazing price
- Provides misleading route information
- Others start to freeze few days after use
4. Garmin dezl 780 LMT-S, GPS Truck Navigator
- Premium 7” truck navigator with powered magnetic mount and includes map updates
- Free live services, such as traffic and weather, when you download the free...
- Custom truck routing3 for the size, load and weight of your truck plus alerts for...
- Easy Break Planning with timely notifications plus a Truck & Trailer Services...
These top sellers continue to shine by their comprehensive display trackers enabling drivers to read data without straining. Users can enjoy free live services include weather forecasting updates and traffic ahead using the Smartphone Link app.
Considering your truck’s weight and size, this system provides updates on the sharp curves and height of bridges ahead.
Like other truck GPS navigation systems, drivers get notified of the social amenities along the route. Drivers can as well search these amenities by keying in the brand name or specific amenity as such.
Consequently, drivers can control these devices with their voices to get updates while still driving. Lastly, the Smartphone Link app is essential in providing smart notification alerts and updates to your smartphone device.
- Designed with a larger display
- Pretty up to date maps
- Provide an awesome voice command
- Boasts several excellent features
- Cannot search exit points
- A bit expensive
5. Garmin Drive 50 USA LM GPS Navigator System
- DRIVER ALERTS : Receive alerts for upcoming sharp curves, speed changes, school...
- EASY TO USE : Dedicated GPS navigators display current street, current speed, speed...
- GARMIN REAL DIRECTIONS : Guides like a friend, using recognizable landmarks,...
- FOURSQUARE: Pre loaded data from Foursquare adds millions of new and popular stores,...
Truck drivers should remain alert whenever they travel to arrive at their destinations safely and on time. The Garmin Drive 50 systems provide alerts for several parameters, including sharp curves, school zones, and nearby red lights.
Other alerts this GPS provides include speed changes, speed cameras ahead, and fatigue warnings to drive safely.
Other than the above functions, Garmin Drive 50 employs recognized buildings and landmarks to provide real-time directions. Accessing restaurants and other social amenities is also easy and direct from the Foursquare pre-loaded data.
Lastly, the Garmin Drive 50 employs rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that provide continuous service for an hour. Buyers should get backup batteries to continue enjoying the service of these truckers.
- Speedy in providing updates
- An easy-to-use GPS
- Boasts value-adding features
- Provides accurate updates
- No user manual included
- Others don’t work
6. 9inch Truck GPS Navigation for Car
- 🚗【Bluetooth AV-IN & Points of Interest】: Bluetooth lets you hands-free to make...
- 🚗【9inch BIG screen for truck】: XGODY X4 brings a 9-inch high-resolution and...
- 🚗【Life-maps Updated】：XGODY X4 comes with All America maps, including...
- 🚗【REAL VOICE NAVIGATION】: Choose from a selection of voices that will provide...
Quite an impressive GPS trucker truck drivers should purchase to get real-time updates. Designed with a 9-inch screen, this model provides users an excellent visual experience when reading or viewing updates.
Another thing that makes the model unmatched is the number of live map updates it has. Drivers view updates in all American maps; this includes Brazil, the USA, Chile, Costa Rica, Argentina, Canada, Colombia, and Mexico.
Moreover, connecting to passable routes is simple with this GPS tracker. Depending on your vehicle specifications, the tracker can update you on routes without restriction to reach your destination faster.
Locating local amenities like gas stations, filling stations, and restaurants along the route are also covered by this GPS tracker. Drivers can as well make calls or control the device using Bluetooth, especially when driving at high speeds.
Lastly, the manufacturer also tried hard to address safety concerns on roads when constructing this GPS tracker. There is no need to look at the screen since the real voice navigation feature updates the route you are using. Other notification alerts drivers receive include the railway crossing, dangerous areas, entry points, and high accident zones.
- Provide accurate updates
- Amazing price
- Designed with an easy-to-read screen
- Easy to install and use
- Others stop working abruptly
- Provides misleading information
7. Family1st Mini GPS Tracker Device for Vehicles
- 4GLTE Real-Time Portable GPS tracker for people, vehicles and assets.
- Sleek and compact | Attaches to vehicles | Fits in pockets | Discreetly hidden in a...
- Track in real time with web based software | Android and iOS app | Compatible with...
- Lowest Subscription Cost | Monthly & Annual plans available
People under tight budgets should consider this powerful semi truck GPS to get real-time updates wherever they drive. What makes it stand out is the long-lasting battery life that provides users continuous two weeks of service without getting depleted.
Family1st manufacturer design this GPS with a 4G LTE network to offer users fast-tracking services. The model tracks vehicles and trucks and the kids, elderly, motorcycles, luggage, and all forms of valuables.
With its compact and portable design, the tracker fits easily in seat pockets, strollers, purses, toolboxes, or even backpacks. Other than the functions above, drivers will receive updates when entering as well as exiting restricted regions or zones.
Other alert notifications the system provides include excessive speed, low battery, harsh braking, as well as late-night driving.
- Backed by a lifetime warranty
- Comes with a long-lasting battery
- Easy to install and use
- Provides accurate updates
- High monthly fees
- Wrong instructions
8. CARRVAS GPS Navigation for Car
- 🚗【Free Lifetime Map Updates】the Latest 2020 North American Maps Are...
- 🚕【Performance Upgrade】using 2500mah Polymer Battery, 5v 2.5a -350cm Line Car...
- 🚌【Intelligent Voice Broadcasting】this Gps Navigation System Has a Voice...
- 🚛【Truck & Rv & Car】Gps Navigation Supports Intelligent Voice Broadcasting for...
We all deserve excellent after-sale services after purchasing products either online or in nearby stores. In that regard, CARRVAS manufacturers provide customers 100% satisfactory as well as outstanding customer services.
Their GPS trackers offer free map updates in the USA, Mexico, and Canada. Those who need map updates for other regions should contact the sellers through Amazon.
Consequently, the CARRVAS GPS boasts a voice steering system to provide drivers prompt updates while driving. Drivers also get notified of the wrong routes and automatically show up alternative options to pass through.
Other important updates the CARRVAS GPS provides include the speed limit alerts, high-speed camera, sharp curves, and height limits.
In performance, it boasts a high-resolution power as well as a 7-inch display to provide an excellent visibility experience. Moreover, a 256 MB in-built ram and 32g memory is sufficient to store maps and other relevant materials. CARRVAS GPS is worthy of the excellent reputation they have.
- Easy-to-use GPS
- Large and excellent display screen
- A sturdy GPS navigation system
- Accurate updates
- Software not updated
- Wrong user instructions
9. TomTom Trucker 620 6-Inch GPS Navigation
- Regular updated USA and Canada Maps for large vehicles: Drive on the right roads for...
- TomTom traffic and services via Bluetooth: Avoid getting stuck in traffic and know...
- Updates via WiFi: Regular USA and Canada map updates and service refreshes are quick...
- 6“ touchscreen plus mount: Secured by a specialized click-and-drive mount view...
Those who have tested this Trucker can testify how excellent it provides directions to enable drivers to arrive at their destinations safely. TomTom Trucker provides regularly updated maps of the ideal route to follow depending on the vehicle size its weight.
Moreover, the model offers traffic situation updates to prevent using routes to get them into traffic jams. There is no need to receive updates on a computer; the sat nav’s Wi-Fi feature enables you to read them from your smartphone.
TomTom Trucker also boasts a 6-inch bright screen for drivers to view and read instructions without straining. Also, as an advanced GPS, users don’t require using hands to peruse through messages or receiving calls.
You simply need to pair your smartphone with the truck sat nav via Bluetooth to enjoy the experience. Lastly, TomTom Trucker provides users updates about amenities like fueling stations, resting places, and where to service your vehicle.
- Excellent customer support team
- Boasts an active touch screen
- Easy-to-use navigation system
- Provide accurate and timely reports
- Others provide wrong route updates
- Hard to understand manual
10. ATOTO A6 Double Din Android Car Navigation
- Developed from widely used and stable Android Marshmallow OS,deeply...
- Factory Steering Wheel key Control (shorted for SWC,based on resistive signal input...
- Dual Bluetooth not only work as BT call /A2DP playback, but also connect to phone's...
- Unlimited Micro USB Drive/ Micro SD storage supported (256GB micro SD and 1TB SSD...
Let’s end the list by presenting the ATOTO A6 system, a powerful navigator system boasting high-tech features for improved performance. This system boast features an AM/FM radio, Bluetooth connection, and the AUX backup camera slot.
Those using this GPS don’t have to shout when communicating with friends and other people. Manufacturers have improved the user’s in-built microphone as well as Wi-Fi reception to enable smooth sound transmission.
What makes them unmatched in the users’ ability to download map updates while offline for navigation purposes. Consequently, the dual Bluetooth serves several functions, including working as a BT call playback.
In addition, you can create a connection to the BT gamepad as well as your phone’s tethering internet.
Furthermore, this model boasts a quick booting feature that allows accessing updates within two seconds after starting your truck. In addition, manufacturers design the device with a 1 TB SSD drive as well as a 256 GB micro SD. These are sufficient storage devices for any given data and other valuable materials.
- Boasts excellent features
- Excellent sound and video quality
- Provide accurate updates
- Excellent quality touchscreen
- Weak and slow Wi-Fi updater
- Sound continues cutting down
Buying Guide For Truck GPS System
Above, we have discussed the top-notch truck GPS available worthy of purchasing. But how do prospective buyers settle on the best truck GPS navigation model overall?
Now, some factors guide buyers in deciding the ideal GPS to purchase. Below are some important considerations to enable buyers to choose the best truck GPS systems.
The screen is a primary component of GPS navigation systems. Some truck GPS units have black and white screens, while others full-colored options. They all provide information on the routes ahead, but their display differs from how they show up images.
Truck drivers who rely on a GPS should invest in glare-free and colored screen options for excellent visibility.
How this system will mount to your truck dashboard is also an excellent consideration when purchasing the best truck GPS on the market. Remember, you should position them in a strategic place that will enable you to see the screen without straining.
Consequently, you need to mount the GPS where it will not fall off, especially when passing through rough terrains.
Remember, these devices should guide you where to go until the final destination. They need to provide you an accurate mapping of the areas ahead.
A system that changes throughout the journey is perfect for getting you clear information ahead. Systems that provide free map lifetime updates are the best truck GPS units worthy to purchase.
Ease of Use
Now, you are on the road, maneuvering through different routes to reach your destination on time. It might become difficult to control your GPS to get you in a good direction at the highest driving speed. Why can’t you purchase something that simply requires a touch to get you information?
Avoid dangers involved when operating a GPS while driving by getting a simple-to-use option.
Lastly, choosing a featured GPS can make the best solution in getting accurate as well as fast information. For instance, there exist models that connect to the phone and access data using either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
Other excellent features to consider are the inter-device communication systems. Depending on your budget, consider a system boasting features that will provide you accurate and fast information.
GPS systems define whether your truck business will generate profits or fall into huge losses. Remember, all you aim for is driving through accessible routes to reach your destination safely and on time. As a truck driver, the best truck GPS is an essential device worthy of investing in.
Our Truck GPS Review provides detailed information about top-notch GPS navigation systems in the market. They are the options prospective buyers should consider most when making a purchase.
Alongside, the buying guide narrows down the selection process to get you the best truck GPS tracker for use. Incorporate our ideas, and you will purchase a system that performs excellently.
Further Read Our More Product Reviews: