Orientation Contact: Fernando Lopez
Phone Number: 956-724-1911 ext. 133
2 Day Refresher Contact: Cynthia Amador
Phone Number: 956-724-1911 ext. 115
Address: 8401 Killam Industrial Blvd. Laredo, TX 78045
Class Start Time: Monday/Wednesday at 8:00 AM
Welcome to the best trucking company in North America. And why are we the best trucking company? It’s because of drivers like you! When Steve Russell started Celadon, he quickly realized that drivers were the lifeblood of any trucking company. Yes – we do need customers and their freight to make money, but unless we have someone to drive the tractors, we can’t deliver the goods.
On behalf of the more than 4000 employees of Celadon, we look forward to your arrival for orientation in the next few days.
Paul Will, CEO
- Once you arrive in Laredo, please call Family Gardens Inn at 956-723-5300
- If you are planning on driving to Orientation you will either need to come Sunday after 3pm to the hotel or be at the terminal in Laredo, TX for class.
- Recruiter and/or orientaiton will notify hotel to reserve a room for your stay (Joseph Barrow firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your valid Class A CDL, Social Security Card and/or birth certificate or Passport.
- If you plan on having direct deposit please bring a voided check or deposit slip. Otherwise your pay goes on your fuel card. No paper checks are mailed to you
- Current medical card and long form
- Enough clothing for 7-10 days (Especially OTR and Regional drivers). Celadon will try and route you by your home within 7 days to get the rest of the items you need.
- Personal hygiene and grooming items
- Pillows and sheets
- Additional money for laundry facilities
- If you were added to the list last minute, please keep all meal receipts and we will reimburse up to $50 for the weekend for Sat/Sun or $25/day if arrival is on Sunday. This is if the catering company wasn’t aware of your attendance prior to that Friday.
- Drivers will be doubled up in Hotels. If the driver doesn’t want to double up, then it is the responsibility on the driver to pay for their hotel room out of pocket (payroll deduct is not available).
- The hotel provides coin operated washers and dryers to utilize if needed
- The hotel will provide breakfast. Lunch and Dinner are served at the terminal Monday-Friday, there is a restaurant. For the weekends a catering company will deliver lunch at 12 pm and dinner at 4 pm to the hotel lobby.
- Please note that Laredo, TX does not have the capability to read a CPAP machine. Details cannot be discussed with your Recruiter and/or Processor, but a recent read would need to be taken with you.
- Company drivers will receive $125 Orientation Pay once the driver has completed Orientation and is “activated.” The driver can request a $100 advance once “active” but must ask for it from Driver Payroll. Otherwise the Orientation Pay will be put on their first paycheck.