Orientation Contact: Kelly Rankin
Phone Number: 336-996-8000 ext. 101
Address: 1382 South Park Dr. Kernersville, NC 27284
Class Start Time: Monday/Wednesday at 8:00 AM
Welcome to the best trucking company in North America. And why are we the best trucking company? It’s because of drivers like you! When Steve Russell started Celadon, he quickly realized that drivers were the lifeblood of any trucking company. Yes – we do need customers and their freight to make money, but unless we have someone to drive the tractors, we can’t deliver the goods.
On behalf of the more than 4000 employees of Celadon, we look forward to your arrival for orientation in the next few days.
Paul Will, CEO
- When you arrive in Winston-Salem NC, call Willards Cab Company at 336-725-2227. Let them know you are at the Winston-Salem Greyhound station and that you need to go to the Econolodge in Kernersville, NC.
- You will stay at the Econolodge in Kernersville, but if there is a dorm available, the Orientation Leader could possibly switch you to stay in a dorm.
- The Econolodge is located at 707 Highway 66, Kernersville, NC 27284. (336) 996-3501.
- The Celadon Shuttle will pick you up every morning at 0730 to take you to class, please be ready in the lobby prior to departure.
- Your valid Class A CDL, Social Security Card and/or birth certificate or Passport.
- If you plan on having direct deposit please bring a voided check or deposit slip. Otherwise your pay goes on your fuel card. No paper checks are mailed to you
- Current medical card and long form
- Enough clothing for 7-10 days (Especially OTR and Regional drivers). Celadon will try and route you by your home within 7 days to get the rest of the items you need.
- Personal hygiene and grooming items
- Pillows and sheets
- Drivers will be doubled up in hotels. If the driver doesn’t want to double up, then it is the responsibility of the driver to pay for their hotel room out of pocket (payroll deduct is not available).
- During orientation three meals a day and lodging are provided at no cost to you.
- Dinner is on a Celadon Account at the local Route 66 Diner. You will receive a dinner food voucher during Orientation to use for purchase of your meal.
- You will complete your physical, drug screen and road test on your first day. Orientation normally takes 2-3 days.
- Company drivers will receive $125 Orientation Pay once the driver has completed Orientation and is “activated.” The driver can request a $100 advance once “active” but must ask for it from Driver Payroll. Otherwise the Orientation Pay will be put on their first paycheck.