Orientation Contact: Michelle Sheets
Phone Number: 800-235-2366 ext. 23064
Address: 9503 E. 33rd St. Indianapolis, IN 46235
Class Start Time:
Company Drivers - Every day of the week
Lease Purchase Drivers - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Flatbed Drivers - Friday ONLY with securement training the following Sunday and Monday
Welcome to the best trucking company in North America. And why are we the best trucking company? It’s because of drivers like you! When Steve Russell started Celadon, he quickly realized that drivers were the lifeblood of any trucking company. Yes – we do need customers and their freight to make money, but unless we have someone to drive the tractors, we can’t deliver the goods.
On behalf of the more than 4000 employees of Celadon, we look forward to your arrival for orientation in the next few days.
Paul Will, CEO
Once you arrive in Indianapolis, please call 800-235-2366 ext. 24011 to get the folks in the dorm. They will dispatch our van driver to pick you up and bring you to the terminal.
When you arrive to the terminal, first check-in at the dorm window: If there is room in the dorm, you will be offered a dorm room. If the dorms are full. they will give you paperwork for the hotel and Celadon will cover the cost.
• Your valid Class A CDL, Social Security Card and/or birth certificate or Passport.
• If you plan on having direct deposit please bring a voided check or deposit slip. Otherwise your pay goes on your fuel card. No paper checks are mailed to you.
• Current medical card and long form
• Enough clothing for 7-10 days (Especially OTR and Regional drivers). Celadon will try and route you by your home within 7 days to get the rest of the items you need.
• Personal hygiene and grooming items
• Pillows and sheets
• Proper attire for Securement Training if you are a Flatbed Driver. Securement Training will take place at our school
Drivers will be doubled up in Hotels and/or Dorms. If the driver doesn’t want to double up or stay in a Dorm if one is available then it is the responsibility on the driver to pay for their hotel room out of pocket (payroll deduct is not available).
• Please clarify to the dorm if you are a regular hire or a refresher. A 2 day refresher will need to start out at the Quality school for your refresher period before you attend Orientation. Please make sure you are in the correct building to start off with.
• Day 1 for Orientation is the road test, drug screen and physical.
• If you are in a hotel it is expected that you will eat breakfast there. If you arrive the morning of Orientation or are placed in a dorm, breakfast will be provided by the cafeteria once you receive your meal ticket from Orientation. You will receive a meal ticket for Lunch and another for Dinner so you can eat in the Cafeteria (on site) for FREE. Cafeteria is open Monday through Friday.
• Company drivers will receive $125 Orientation Pay once the driver has completed Orientation and is “activated”. The driver can request a $100 advance once “active” but must ask for it from Driver Payroll. Otherwise the Orientation Pay will be put on their first paycheck.