Orientation Contact: Jay Sosebee
Phone Number: 256-442-2514 or 1-866-410-6844 ext. 112
Night attendant: 1-866-410-6844 ext. 101
Address: 1245 West Grand Ave. Rainbow City, AL 35906
Class Start Time: Monday/Wednesday at 8:00 AM
Welcome to the best trucking company in North America. And why are we the best trucking company? It’s because of drivers like you! When Steve Russell started Celadon, he quickly realized that drivers were the lifeblood of any trucking company. Yes – we do need customers and their freight to make money, but unless we have someone to drive the tractors, we can’t deliver the goods.
On behalf of the more than 4000 employees of Celadon, we look forward to your arrival for orientation in the next few days.
Paul Will, CEO
- Once you arrive in Gadsden, call 269-282-9448 or 256-390-5857 to reach the taxi service. In the event you cannot reach someone you may call the terminal at 256-442-2514 to reach someone at the guard house. They are staffed 24/7 and they will help make arrangements to get you to the hotel
- The taxi service will take you directly to the Best Western Plus (no pets) or The Comfort (pets allowed):
- The address for Best Western is 205 Enterprise Drive Gadsden, AL 35904
- The address for The Comfort is 96 Walker St. Gadsden, AL 35904. (256) 538-57770
- Upon arrival you will be provided with a $10 food card for dinner
- Breakfast is provided at the hotel
- We will provide lunch at the terminal during orientation
- Your valid Class A CDL, Social Security Card and/or birth certificate or Passport.
- If you plan on having direct deposit please bring a voided check or deposit slip. Otherwise your pay goes on your fuel card. No paper checks are mailed to you
- Current medical card and long form
- Enough clothing for 7-10 days (Especially OTR and Regional drivers). Celadon will try and route you by your home within 7 days to get the rest of the items you need.
- Personal hygiene and grooming items
- Drivers will be doubled up in Hotels. If the driver doesn’t want to double up or stay in a Dorm if one is available then it is the responsibility on the driver to pay for their hotel room out of pocket (payroll deduct is not available).
- Day 1 for Orientation is the road test, drug screen, picture for fuel card and physical.
- Company drivers will receive $125 Orientation Pay once the driver has completed Orientation and is “activated”. The driver can request a $100 advance once “active” but must ask for it from Driver Payroll. Otherwise the Orientation Pay will be put on their first paycheck.