What is the FAST program?
Celadon understands that crossing the border can be a frustrating and time consuming task. The Free and Secure Trade (FAST) program is designed to ensure safety and security while expediting legitimate trade across the Canada-U.S. border. By becoming FAST certified, you can enter into Canada safer, faster, and easier.
What are the benefits of being FAST approved?
- Celadon covers $50 processing fee for hired drivers to obtain FAST approval
- FAST membership valid 5 years
- More miles! Having FAST approval makes you eligible for more loads
- Access to dedicated lanes (where available) for faster and more efficient border clearance
- Minimal documentation required to clear the border
- Increased certainty at the border resulting in fewer delays
How do I become FAST certified?
New Celadon Hire
All new hires are required to attend Celadon orientation. After orientation is complete, you will receive a FAST Certification packet that will include a Celadon login and password. Log on to the provided website, fill in your login and password, and complete the application.
Current Celadon Driver
You can either be routed to Corporate Headquarters in Indianapolis to complete your FAST application or you can complete it online. Be sure to notify customs of whichever option you choose at (855) 579-3773 and they will take you through the step by step application process.
- You must have your birth certificate, CDL, Passport, past 5 years of employment history and past 5 years proof of residency.
- Upon completion, the Canadian Border Services Agency will review and approve your initial application. This could take up to 6 weeks.
- Once your application is approved, Celadon will assign you a load delivering near an Enrollment Center.
- You will complete the final processing at the enrollment center which takes approximately 1 hour.
Click here for more information on the process, application links, and enrollment center locations. If you are a Celadon hired company driver, contact Celadon customs at (855) 579-3773 for full details on how to have your $50 certification paid for by Celadon.