Solo Company Drivers
When you join Celadon, you can drive in confidence. We've developed strong relationships with leading shippers and retailers to ensure that our drivers always have reliable and consistent freight to haul. Currently, we operate nearly 5,500 tractors and more than 12,000 trailers throughout the United States, Mexico and Canada.
Don't have 6 months of experience within the last 36 months? No problem, as long as you have a valid Class-A CDL and at least 3 months of experience, you'll get a spot in our refresher course. Once completed, you will then be scheduled for Celadon orientation.
Want to know more about becoming a driver at Celadon? Check our frequently asked questions page to see qualifications and other details. Some other benefits of driving for Celadon include:
Regular Pay Increases // State-of-the-Art Equipment // Health Benefits Package // Bonus Pay Opportunities
All new and existing drivers are eligible for this pay package.
• Drivers with less than 3 years of experience start at $.33 / mile. Drivers with greater than 3 years’ experience start at $.34 / mile.
Drivers located in key hiring areas are also eligible for an enhanced pay package based on driving experience:
|Target Markets (North):|
|Indianapolis, IN||Denver, CO|
|Louisville, KY||Carlisle, PA|
|Columbus, OH||Richmond, VA|
|Cincinnati, OH||St. Louis, MO|
|Chicago, IL||Romulus, MI|
|Target Markets (South):|
|Atlanta, GA||Dallas, TX|
|Graniteville, SC||Laredo, TX|
|Kernersville, NC||Houston, TX|
|San Antonio, TX|
• For every 120k miles driven, you will receive a $.01 pay increase. Each anniversary date you will receive 1 week of vacation at $500.
All new and existing drivers are eligible for this pay package. Note: Existing drivers moving to this package would start at 0 miles for both bonus pay and vacation earned. Current miles earned would carry over towards their pay increase.
Existing drivers: current rate minus $.03 / mile.
New drivers: Standard Pay Package rate minus $.03 / mile.
- You will receive 1 week of vacation at $300 if you do not have a passport or $600 if you do have a passport for every 30,000 miles driven (for both new and existing drivers, the first 30,000 miles you are awarded the dollar pay but no vacation, after 60,000 miles and every 30,000 miles thereafter, you will receive one week of vacation and the dollar pay).
- Drivers exceeding 126k miles in an anniversary year will receive an extra vacation week.
- You may bank up to 3 weeks’ vacation. The 4th earned will automatically be paid out.
- You will receive a $.01 pay increase for every 120k miles driven.
Local and Dedicated drivers - determined by planning division - will not be allowed to sign up for this this pay package.
New drivers: standard pay package plus or minus the sliding mileage scale below.
Existing drivers: current rate plus or minus the sliding mileage scale below.
- For empty miles, you will be paid your standard pay rate.
- Every 120k miles driven, you will receive a 1 cent pay increase.
- At each anniversary date you will receive 1 week vacation at $500.
|Mileage||Std Rate - 2¢ = Rate|
|0-99||Rate + 10¢|
|100-199||Rate + 10¢|
|200-299||Rate + 8¢|
|300-399||Rate + 6¢|
|400-499||Rate + 4¢|
|500-599||Rate + 2¢|
Bonus Pay Opportunities
$.03/Mile — HAZMAT Loads
$.005/Mile — Safety Bonus
$.01/Mile Increase — Every 120,000 Miles Driven - NO CAP
Guaranteed Dock Detention Pay
Mostly No Touch, Drop & Hook Freight
100% Lumper Reimbursement
Home & Vacation Time
14 Days Out = 2 Days Off
1 Year = 1 Week Earned (Paid Out at $500)
Health is very important to Celadon and all our employees. On the Celadon campus, we offer a full-court basketball gym, a racquetball court, daily fitness classes, a workout room, wellness programs, and an on-site medical center. We encourage our employees to be healthy at home and on the road.
We offer a base and buy-up medical insurance plan through GPA/PHCS Networks, plus all full-time employees receive a free life insurance policy. Several other plan options are also available. Click here to see full details on all benefits plans.